Using Your Card

Campus Dining Services

For students with a dining plan, your One Card gives you access to your meal plan, which can be used at the Heilman Dining Center. It also gives you access to your dining dollar plan, which can be used in all other dining operations. Depending on the dining operation, the cashier will swipe your card and a meal will be deducted from your meal plan balance or the amount of your purchase will be deducted from your dining dollar plan. Browse meal plan information.

Residence Hall Access

Students living in the residence halls are automatically assigned 24/7 access to their residence hall and visitation to other halls from 8 a.m. - 2 a.m. Monday - Sunday (visitation may be restricted on home football game Saturdays). Non-residents of Atlantic and Pacific house have visitation from 8 a.m. - 2 a.m. Monday - Thursday and restricted access from Friday through the weekend.

Students living in the University Forest Apartments and Gateway Village Apartments also have visitation privileges to the residence halls.

Residence Life Student Staff - Head Residents and Resident Assistants - Are assigned 24/7 exterior access to the residence halls for the purposes of making residence hall rounds when on duty.

Students living off campus do not have access to the residence halls. If there is a need for access to the residence halls for academic or student organization purposes, please contact your respective Dean's office for authorization. They should email One Card Services at with authorization and indicate the building(s) you need access to and the time period for the access.

Administration Building/Lab Access

Most administrative buildings are unlocked during business or class hours. Each administrative building has an access contact who provides One Card with building unlock/lock schedules each semester as well building closures such as break periods.

After-hours, on weekends, and during official break periods when the building may be locked, you must be authorized to access the building via your UR ID card. Academic majors or student workers who need access to a particular academic building after-hours must be authorized by their department head at the beginning of each semester via email to the One Card Office. Faculty and staff must also have authorization from their department head or supervisor for after-hours access to their building by submitting the Electronic Access Request form or emailing

Break Periods

One Card must receive written notice no later than two weeks prior to the break period from our access contacts if a building must be locked during Fall, Thanksgiving or Spring breaks. For longer breaks, like Winter Break, all admin. buildings are locked at 6 p.m. the last day the University is open and resume their regularly scheduled unlock time when the University reopens. If your building must be open later than 6 p.m., please send an email request to

One Card Web Laundry

While it may not be the best part of your college life, doing laundry is easy once you know how. Front load washing machines work differently than your typical home washers, so please check out Caldwell and Gregory’s website for laundry tips.

One Card Web Laundry is an online laundry system that gives you the ability to check the availability of washers and dryers in the laundry room. Resident students will swipe their UR ID card in the laundry reader to activate wash and dry cycles. By logging into the online laundry system with your University Net ID and Password, you can enable Laundry Notifications to receive an email or text message when your laundry is done. You must register your cell phone number in order to receive text messages. The One Card Web laundry service is included as part of your housing and food charge.

If you have any problems with the machines, please call (800) 927-9274 or send an email to

Library Privileges

Your One Card can be used to check out items and use the resources at the University Libraries.

Weinstein Center for Recreation

Full time faculty and staff are eligible for complimentary access to Weinstein Center for Recreation. To access the center, you may download the U of R Rec FusionGo app, which will require you to enter your UR ID number and log in with your NetID and Password. For questions about downloading or accessing the app, please contact Member Services.

Part-time faculty, staff, and students may purchase a membership by contacting Member Services at (804) 289-8316.